Root Riot Cubes, 50 Pack
Root Riot Cubes, 50 Pack
Root Riot cubes are used for rooting plant cuttings and starting seeds. Specially formulated using fine grade Canadian peat moss, they are pH balanced and maintain the beneficial properties of this natural source material.
A key component of Root Riot cubes is their ability to retain moisture due to their spongy texture. This texture also provides an ideal air to water ratio for plant cuttings or seeds to become healthy, young seedlings.
Unlike Rockwool cubes, which are prone to unevenly drying out, Root Riot cubes maintain consistent moisture and an even dry out. Plus, they can be used in both traditional and hydroponic gardens. Root Riot cubes will remain stable when used in hydroponic settings and will not clog filters.
The total components of a Root Riot cube aids in plant cuttings and seeds rooting faster, allowing for quicker and simpler transplanting. Not to mention Root Riot Plant Starter Cubes are safe for food production.
All of this means Root Riot cubes contain the elements plant cuttings need to produce healthy roots, resulting in vigorous plant growth.
How To Use Root Riot Cubes:
Root Riot grow plugs come ready-to-use in either bags or trays. Trays also contain a Clonex Rooting Gel packet that can be used on up to 50 cuttings.
The plant starter plugs should be spongy and moist – not saturated. If they are dry, rewet them by placing the grow plugs into a bowl of lukewarm water. They should be at room temperature. Unused cubes should be kept in a plastic bag to prevent them from drying out.
- Select a mother plant for cuttings – most species are best propagated from new growth tips. Take the plant cutting by cutting diagonally below a node or stem swelling. Remove all but a couple of leaves.
- Dip the cut end into Clonex Rooting Gel and then place gently into the pre-formed hole in the top of the cube. Do not force the cutting in, insert it just far enough to support it.
- Mist cuttings with Clonex Mist and cover the tray with a plastic dome to increase humidity. Mist cuttings every other day to maintain humidity within the dome.
- Place seed into the hole of the cube.
- Put the tray in a warm place until germination.
Warm conditions may dry the cubes out at a faster rate. To check moisture levels of cubes, squeeze the cube. If moisture just comes to the surface of the cubes then they are sufficiently moist. If not, water the cubes and drain well.
Once roots are visible, the rooted cutting can be transplanted. Cubes can be transferred to any growing system including hydroponic systems. Water the rooted plant cutting with Clonex Clone Solution, a nutrient specifically created for the needs of newly rooted plant clones and seedlings.
|Manufacturer Part Number||RTRTBAG50|
|Distributor Part Number||HGC714129, 714129|